Vine - Sadia Arabia
Ooooooh the double standard…
why have i never made this connection before
|Song: Take Me to Church|
|Artist: Neon Jungle|
|Album: Welcome to the Jungle (Deluxe|
if the heavens ever did speak
she’s the last true mouthpiece
every sunday’s getting more bleak
a fresh poison each week
unrealitycw have a Super Gay version of take me to church
Dark Ages, Schmark Ages. The De-Textbook cuts through that and so much more fake-fact bullshit.
cloudy with a chance of witch burning
your periodic reminder that a good chunk of Europe basically shat the bed for a few centuries while everyone else kinda did their thing.
I am sorry I’m going to be that person.
This map is extremely inaccurate.
1) China was not going through business as usual China was going through the TANG DYNASTY i.e. the Golden Age of Chinese culture, which would lay down legal and social and poetic norms for the rest of Chinese history. The Tang is so influential that a lot of languages call Chinese people 唐人 (People from Tang.) (We call Chinese people “people from Qin” so.)
2) Japan is _first becoming literate_ during this time period (due to the influence of the Tang they adopt Chinese script), which is a BFD for poetry, religion, politics, society. Japanese court culture develops, which near the end of this period (11th century, around the time Europe enters “high middle ages”) will produce The Tale of Genji (by a totally awesome woman named Murasaki),widely regarded as the world’s first novel because of it’s deft use of irony and social commentary.
3) The southern part of Korea is experiencing the emergence of Unified Silla, a state that will last the entire period and will see the importation of Chinese and Indian buddhism, the construction of the first Confucian college in Korea, and so on.
4) In Mesoamerica, the Mayans are inventing astronomy, writing (the third and final independent invention of writing in human history), and a whole crapload of other stuff. This is the triumph of their culture.
5) The Umayyads in Spain are a massive center of technology, learning, and (comparative) religious toleration.
6) The Eastern Roman Empire, which spans both the green and yellow portions of your map, isn’t doing too badly either, bouncing back after losing territory to the Caliphate.
7) The Polynesians are colonizing the ENTIRE PACIFIC using amazing advanced navigation technology not rivaled until the INVENTION OF GPS.
8) I am not equipped to talk about Sub-Saharan Africa in detail (cue rant about how we never learn about subsaharan africa in the western educational system) but you can bet there are some major, amazing developments going on there too. I’d be shocked if there weren’t.
9) HOLY SHIT INDIA.
11) THEY WEREN’T BURNING WITCHES IN EUROPE DURING THE MIGRATION PERIOD (dark ages). Witch burning took off in the EARLY MODERN PERIOD, nearly 1000 years after this. Europe was going through some tough shit, which would leave them backwards compared to the rest of the world for 1000 years, but also there were some amazing things happening there, at least have the decency to be like “angry dudes with swords stabbing people” not WITCH BURNINGS FFS.
12) And ABSOLUTELY Islamic Caliphate was a totally amazing flowering of intellectual, artistic, and spiritual culture, a mixing pot between a thousand cultures and languages, and totally amazing. Don’t in any way want to diminish that in any way.
PLEASE ALWAYS BE THAT PERSON
GREAT REPLY AHHH
the north american native groups are also enjoying a continuation of their rich and successful cultural advancements including crop domestication, large wealthy cities that are centers of trade and commerce, and so on!
I don’t even understand why the Iberian Peninsula is taken as a supposed christianity center with ‘cloudy with a chance of which burning’, it’s the exact opposite, for the greater part, it was entirely islamic, I mean, the reconquista was only ended in the 14th century, so lmao
//This began the rise of Aperture Science.
SPRTIZ THIS SHIT ON YOUR DICK AND YOUR E HARD FOR LIFETHAT IS NOT THE INTENDED USE, SIR
SPRAY IT ON YOUR NIPPLES
U L T I M A T E N I P P L E S
T H A T I S N O T T H E I N T E N D E D U S E S I R
hello everyone that needs to do their hw
do your homework!! you can do it!! after you’ve finished you can blog all you want!! ＤＯ ＹＯＵＲ ＨＯＭＥＷＯＲＫ ＦＲＩＥＮＤ ＹＯＵ ＣＡＮ ＤＯ ＩＴ
and this is for all the white people that think it’s okay to say nigga
How bout other Races, for example I’m 100 percent Latino. Can the word nigga come out of my mouth?
just dont fucking speak. why the fuck u wanna say it so bad like omg go away you annoyin my life
so many of my friends are queer that i genuinely forget that the majority of the population isn’t on a regular basis
Homestuck has updated. The page has crashed, as one would expect. It is now providing a different error message though, specific to their webhosting rather than the generic Apache 503. Here is a link to a web hosting site’s help materials with the exact shade of the current “Service unavailable” message, and here is that host’s load balancing scheme (which is apparently what is failing and producing that error)
So my best guess is Hussie tried to sort out a hosting solution specifically to handle the inevitable traffic spike and instead managed to overload their specialty service. Bravo fandom, bravo.
I suspect Hussie told this provider that he was going to need their ultra high-availability solution and the provider scoffed. Except they’re now they have been down for most of the day and are going to be eating the costs of this per their SLA.
"No, seriously. They killed Newgrounds for an entire evening.”
“Pfft. It’ll be fine.”
"There’s no way that form says 500,000 requests an hour. That’s gotta be a typo. Yeah, sure, we can totally handle 5,000 requests an hour!”